Google
 
Web asimjalis.blogspot.com

Friday, November 19, 2004

Life is Short

by Asim Jalis

Here is a rather sobering calculation. Suppose I live for another 35 years. That's 365.25 * 35 days = 12784 days. Just about 12,000 days. That's all I have left. Given the speed with which days and weeks pass, I am certain I will use up all 12,000 before I know it. I had always assumed this was a much larger number. Realizing this fact, that that there is so little time left, creates a bigger and more meaningful perspective in which to measure what is important. It's weird that we don't think about it this way, but we are all like cancer patients with our clocks running out. While the circumstance of the cancer patient seems especially tragic we don't realize that we are all in the same situation.